PDA

View Full Version : Possible RI?

Possible RI?

Wyldrose
04-07-2012, 11:59 AM
Oh no :'( Always on a holiday my animals get sick!!
My vet who I trust with all my animals is closed today, so I called the other vet who had little expiernece with herps, he did save my chinchilla's life several years back. So we go to the vet who has not ever seen a snake at 3 today.
Flamestrike is breathing with his mouth open, he is making a clicking noise and his nostrils appear blocked(one side looks crusty). He went into blue and is clear now so he should shed any time now. But I think it's a little bit more then a shed issue...
Any tips for a novice snake vet? I had a friend bring in a sick Gecko to Dr. Cook and he called a herp Vet in Calgary for advice.

Wyldrose
04-07-2012, 12:18 PM
I forgot about my Vets old partner! He has seen and treated lots of snakes! FlameStrike goes in at 1:15. That makes me feel a bit better!

HermesMom
04-07-2012, 01:19 PM
Good luck and best wishes at the vets today. It does always seem animals wait for a weekend or holiday to get sick.

Wyldrose
04-07-2012, 04:58 PM
FlameStrike shed on our way to the Vet, the nostril part was full of mucus, so I think he got backed up from the loose skin. He was still sneezing when we got him to the Vet, so he got a baytril shot and if he's still sneezing on Tuesday he wants to do another shot. It's nice to find someone who loves snakes as much as I do! He was so excited to see him and treat him. I am moving his bin into my living room, with a UTH and a moss/humid hide. Looks like I caught it early :)