PDA

View Full Version : Stays on cool side after eating?

Stays on cool side after eating?

Mrs_blakely
04-21-2012, 06:42 PM
So, this might be me just being paranoid,but... My husband's corn, Thane, likes to stay on the cool side of her viv after eating. She has a UTH on a thermostat that stays pretty consistently on 85 (give or take a degree). I thought that corns needed the heat after eating to digest properly? I don't want to bother her by moving her to the warm side myself, so I figured I would ask you guys - can I trust her instincts? (I mean, she does eat her food butt first sometimes...)

P.Guttatus
04-21-2012, 06:54 PM
If he is eating, digesting, and pooping like he should, then it's usually fine. He knows what temps he needs to facilitate bodily functions. That being said, what is the temp on the cool side of the tank?

bitsy
04-22-2012, 08:34 AM
I'd agree - leave her be and let her choose. If you put her on the warm side, chances are she'll just move away. As long as there's a hide over there for her to go to, she'll use the warm side if she needs to.

Most of mine stay on the cool side (even after eating) and they do just fine. If your setup is OK then she'll sort herself out.

ghosthousecorns
04-22-2012, 10:46 AM
The two replies so far are dead on! The only thing I had to add was that sometimes they have a favorite hide and it can help if there are identical ones on the warm and cool sides.
A lot of mine don't go to the warm side right away when I feed them but do it 1 or 2 days after, they still digest just fine.