PDA

View Full Version : is this pinkie too big?

is this pinkie too big?

amydc
04-23-2012, 10:40 AM
Hi! We just bought a snake in shed. We've left her alone to adjust and she did have a perfect shed. I left her a pinkie in the cage the next evening once it was dark but my daughter went in the room at just the wrong time (when the snake was investigating). She slithered back into her hide and either didn't come out again or didn't like the size of the pinkie as it was still in there this morning. So that one went in the trash. I went ahead and got her out to take a picture so I guess we'll have to let her calm down for a few more days before we try again. My question is, should I cut the next one in half? Is this one too big? I read the 1.5 times the size of the snake thing and this seems a little big to me. Sorry it's grainy. Hope you can see enough to give me advice! Thanks in advance.

Soulwind
04-23-2012, 12:23 PM
Should be fine.

repsolal
04-23-2012, 02:35 PM
We feed our 7 month old Corn Snake fuzzies and she takes them fine. I hang them on tongs
by the tail and and wave them in front of the snake, once she gets the scent she will
chase it around the cage "hunting it down" and then attack and eat with no problems.

amydc
04-23-2012, 06:08 PM
Okay, thanks. Just wanted to be sure that was not the problem. We will just give her a few more days and try again (once the kids are asleep)!

Lennycorn
04-23-2012, 07:42 PM
Serve it real warm. I hate to say hot!! LOl

amydc
04-25-2012, 10:03 PM
Success! I think maybe I just tried too soon after her shed last time. But I did get the pinkie extra hot this time, and instead of leaving it out in her viv I put her in a smaller enclosure with just a paper towel and the pinkie. She was investigating in about five seconds and chowed down. Thanks for the reassurance everyone!