PDA

View Full Version : Not shedding enough?

Not shedding enough?

Bonkers_Scar2011
04-24-2012, 08:03 PM
My normal corn snake only shed twice in the last 5 months? My other one who is exactly the same age has had a lot more sheds. Any idea whats going on? They both get fed the same time and size meal every time.

bitsy
04-25-2012, 04:19 AM
The rate of shed is directly linked to the rate at which they grow. Individual Corns can grow at very different rates, even on the same feeding regime. Could be that your infrequent shedder just comes from a naturally small bloodline, but even clutchmates can show significant differences.

As long as he's eating reliably, pooping normally and has good muscle tone, then he's fine.

The rate of shedding will slow down as they get older. My adults shed 3-4 times a year.

Bonkers_Scar2011
04-25-2012, 04:53 AM
They do eat reliably, poop seems to be normal too.

There is a difference in size but they both seem to be muscly but not skinny. Well she's only 8 months old so I would expect her to shed more often lol could be wrong tho.

She seems to be on the small side (or her brother is just big for his age haha) but I have recently moved them up to Fuzzies so we will see what happens :)

bitsy
04-25-2012, 05:34 AM
All sounds good. They usually put on a growth spurt when moved up a food size so you might well see things speed up a bit in the coming months.