PDA

View Full Version : Update on Hermes the vent injury kid

Update on Hermes the vent injury kid

HermesMom
04-25-2012, 10:12 AM
Well, long story short we're still "battling" it. When he's in shed it looks it's worst, after shedding it looks pretty darn good. The vet, when we had him in there a while back, said there was no infection and we've been keeping up with the care the dr. suggested so I have no concerns there. I will say it is making healing progress, albeit slower than I'd like. Someone here had mentioned to me that he'll probably shed more while healing and he is, also we bumped him up to two pinkies so now it seems he's always in shed lol. But at least now he's having complete sheds with absolutely no intervention needed and having no issues at all with his pooping, which is great.

He's slowly losing his "worm size look" and I know I've read here that they can shed once a month at this age, but this last time he shed it seemed like he went right into another one immediately {the blue phase}. This is normal, right? I can't help but worry about him alot with what we've gone through with this darn vent injury... not to mention he's a baby and just so sweet ;)

Dakota314
04-25-2012, 09:39 PM
Glad to hear he is healing. Slow, but healing none the less. Sounds like you're doing everything right :) He's lucky to have you.