PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Behaviour

Interesting Behaviour

DanJarzin
04-30-2012, 02:12 AM
Hello Everyone,

Have an interesting phanominon going on at home and was hoping you guys and girls can help me out!

I have 3 corn snakes. 1 female, 2 males. Ive had the female for a year, 2 males for 6 months. I live in Toronto Canada, and its starting to get warmer outside. Im thinking its breeding season but for the past 3 weeks the males have been going INSANE. They are constantly trying to escape their seperate enclosures, and are generally very busy as opposed to their usual calm selves. 1 male has not eaten twice now. (ive had the not eating problem with my female before also so im not super worried about it yet).

Is it just breeding season and this is all normal?

thanks!

Dan.

bitsy
04-30-2012, 03:18 AM
Yup - sounds absolutely normal for mature male Corns at this time of the year! Talk about one track minds... The female is very unlikely to do the same.

I just keep offering their normal food at greater intervals than usual (to cut down on waste) and wait for them to remember other stuff - like eating.

DanJarzin
05-01-2012, 04:29 AM
Hey Bitsy!

thanks for the quick response! Im glad were on the same page!

Appreciate the help!... May have to try and find a nice female snake for them!

Cheers!

Dan.

bitsy
05-01-2012, 04:32 AM
Well it won't stop the behaviour but it'll keep them entertained!

Janome
05-06-2012, 08:01 PM
Yes, sounds all normal behavior to me as well. I have a male that won't eat right now. Just wants to get at my female. I bred them past couple years but don't want to this year. Eventually the males will calm down an eat again.