PDA

View Full Version : Rich - Thank you!

Rich - Thank you!

Sandra
05-29-2004, 08:47 PM
Rich,

This site has been a phenomenal resource for me in the short time I've been posting here. I just want to thank you for hosting and maintaining it. It's wonderful to be able to ask questions and get near-immediate, expert replies, as well as to read through all of the past posts and responses.

Thanks very much!

Cheers,
Sandra

Quigs
05-29-2004, 09:57 PM
I agree Sandra. I have been lurking for over a year here and been semi-active in conversation for a little over six months!

This forum is a priceless source of information. Whether you are a seasoned "professional" or a first time "newbie". Not to mention the network of awesome people to commicate, buy, sell and trade with! This is by far the best forum I have ever dealt with and the best bunch of well rounded folks! One thing that I really appreciate is the fact that the "pros" are here and don't look down on beginners! Afterall we are their livelyhood. Not to mention names but other sites seem very "clique-ish" and the "pros" sh*t don't stink! Not too helpful for someone really needing it, even often critisized and made to feel lowly and unwanted!

I especially enjoy the discussion and debates on genetics from Joe Pierce, Serp, Kathy Love, Rich, Don, etc, etc, etc.

I'm still learning that part of it, but I'm begining to catch on now! When I ordered my copy of the Corn Snake Manual, I did so directly through Kathy's site. I had to see what all the latest rage was. In doing so I had several email conversations with Kathy back and forth for about a week.

One of the things she told me, that really stuck out and just now I have begun to realize, is this...

"The more we think we know about genetics, the less we actually do know and more complicated it gets!"

Thanks to everyone here, you all are a really great bunch!

And Rich...Kudos my friend! Without you where would we be? Not only here but the rest of the herp community that takes part in FaunaClassifieds as well as your many other sites! I for one, would be out on my own, definately not under Jeffie's thumb!

Thanks so much!

Quigs

Rich Z
05-30-2004, 01:08 PM
Thanks!

I'm just glad to see the websites (well some of them, anyway) are getting used by you all. Really though, putting up a website is not all that tough. Nearly all of the work involved with making it successful is all due to the people that come to it and MAKE it useful to everyone as a whole. I am just grateful that nearly everyone here has made this site a pleasant place to come to for everyone else, and been not even a minor headache for me to administer.

So it is me that is thanking all of you for your efforts here.

THANK YOU!

Cindy
07-23-2004, 12:20 PM
As a disabled housebound person who lives alone you guys are a lifeline for me, I really enjoy this web site and all the genuine camaradrie and friendship shared. It is the internet at its very best
:cheers:

Azruial
09-19-2004, 02:02 PM
I would also like to thank Rich for maintaining this site.
I'm not sure if this is outdated but I was looking at really old posts and read one about changing user titles and how people make stupid posts to get their counters up.
"I just got done deleting about two dozen useless messages posted for no other reason than to try to get the post counter up."- Rich Z
I haven't really seen too many of those, which is great, but if it is something that is a problem, why not make it a harsher punishment. Like posting a sticky thread with the names of all the people who have done this so that we can all see who the idiots are and they can be embarassed.

Snakemommy
10-13-2004, 09:51 AM
I"m so glad I found this site! You've all helped me so much in the short time that I've been here! I see how corn's can become addictive. My little guy is "just" a normal, but I really think they are the prettiest. I've already decided my next purchase will be an amel, probably around mother's day and thats it, only becouse I just don't have room for more and they are pet's, nothing else. I can thank my 7 yr old for mommy's new addiction, since he's the one who convinced me to get him a snake in the first place.He now has his eye's on a python :rolleyes: I never noticed how pretty they are before? lol Thank You Thank You Thank You! you've got a great site here!