PDA

View Full Version : Complete / Incomplete shed

Complete / Incomplete shed

DrGraeme
05-11-2012, 02:29 AM
Hi everyone,

There's a lot of info on these forums about incomplete sheds, especially if the tip of the tail is the problem... great advice all round.

My Okeetee's first shed with me went 100% but this last one (number 2) was not as good. She still had a bit of her tip left which came off quite easily with a damp towel. The problem is that the head part of her shed has been a bit torn up so it is difficult to tell if her eyecaps have shed properly or not...

Is there any way to tell visually if her eyecaps have shed OK?? (obviously before a problem occurs)

Thanks guys.

PS... In future I will be adjusting an monitoring the humidity around her next shed time.

Janome
05-12-2012, 10:26 PM
Look at the shed its self. You should be able to see the eye caps.

DrGraeme
05-14-2012, 02:47 AM
Hi Janome

Usually I would, but thats the problem I have at the moment, the head part of the shed was all torn up during the process so I can't tell what is what.
I think everythings ok though, she hasn't changed in behaviour which is good... but it would be nice to know.

AliCat37
05-14-2012, 12:51 PM
I would imagine that if it doesn't look like they are there, then they shed off. It's actually pretty obvious when there is a retained eyecap right after a shed!

Christen
05-14-2012, 04:36 PM
I wouldn't stress to much about it just yet. If the eyes look ok then I would just wait for the next shed and make sure they come off then.

DrGraeme
05-15-2012, 02:39 AM
Thanks guys... mind is at ease.

Janome
05-16-2012, 08:20 PM
I did have one of my snakes (a milk) retain an eye cap once. I kept watch over it an when he went into his next shed I made sure to mist his head well an it came off with the shed. :)