PDA

View Full Version : is my corn constipated???

is my corn constipated???

dainbramage
05-30-2004, 07:32 PM
HELP! i think my hatchling corn is sick. up until now i fed her every 3 or 4 days and she was fairly active but now she refuses to eat and moves round the tank slowly, she has a small bulge just before her tail and her anus (or whatever it is) is slightly open, she also has a small ridge of skin along her body, i think she might be bunged up. is there anything i can do?

Susan
05-30-2004, 10:55 PM
How long has it been since she has eaten, how long have you seen the bulge and the ridge? I would first let her soak in a shallow amount of luke warm water. Most corns will poop when in a bath. Make sure she has something she can get on to prevent drowning since it sounds like she is very weak. The ridge you see may be a sign of dehydration, which isn't good. On what substrate do you feed her? She may be impacted. The next step, if you don't see fairly rapid improvement, would be to take her to a vet ASAP. Her condition doesn't sound very good over-all. Good luck.

dainbramage
05-31-2004, 08:59 AM
sadly daisy died this morning:cry:
i checked her last night and she was in a bad way, i rubbed the bulge and it seemed quite soft, i knew she wouldnt be alive in the morning, so i placed her into her hide box and said goodbye.
ive heard alot of people say that their corn will strike and try to bite them but i can say that daisy never once tried to bite me and she would quite happily let me pick her up, i just hope my next corn will be as gentle.

R.I.P
Daisy.

MegF.
05-31-2004, 04:27 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss....

Jimmy C.
06-01-2004, 05:19 PM
Sorry about your loss.
Jimmy C.

Susan
06-01-2004, 11:11 PM
My deepest condolences at the loss of your sweet Daisy.

stuart
06-02-2004, 07:03 AM
sorry m8, she sounded like a lovley snake