PDA

View Full Version : Mites and NIX

Mites and NIX

j33p3rz
05-20-2012, 08:51 AM
Id like to say I used this method I found in the forums for mites.Its been 2 days since treatment and the snakes seem to be doing just fine.I have 3 baby corns that were purchased from the same local pet store out of the same tote.

I found mites on one and knew the others had them as well.Funny thing is one of the darker colored corns had them the worst,of course hard to see but he wasnt laying in the water as the other one was.Only one was laying in the water alot that one day he was in the bowl up to 5 hours I knew something was up then.

After treatment maybe one hour past I started seeing the dead mites on the paper towels in the shoebox tubes I had them in for treatment.I still have them in those tubes of course with UTH and thermo controlled going to keep and eye on them for maybe another week or so much easier to clean and control.Also the vivs they live in are being treated as well going to do this a couple of times too before they re-enter.

Im glad I ran across this site and seen the helpful info that is here thanks to everyone for that.Ill keep in touch to how things go with all this dang mites hate those little boogers.

j33p3rz
05-20-2012, 11:41 AM
I forgot to post the pic of the little booger on her nose,I hate mites my first baby corns only had for about a month and I picked up ones with them ugh.Look on her head nose area you can miss it.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h28/123magee/2012-05-20112554.jpg

j33p3rz
05-24-2012, 06:33 PM
Well last Friday I sprayed all 3 down with the NIX.# days after all 3 shed on the same day.Today Im checking them out and I still see mites.On one I just seen one mite the other darker one there were like 4 moving around pretty fast.I went ahead and sprayed them all down again.Im hoping this time gets them.I still have them in the shoe box tubs.Please pray for me ;-)

Lyreiania
05-25-2012, 07:57 PM
When one of new acquisitions had mites, I used Reptile Relief, which I got at Petland Discounts. It worked well...and I also cleaned that cage pretty obsessively during the course of treatment.

Good luck. Mites are horrid.

j33p3rz
05-25-2012, 09:11 PM
I think this second spray done the trick Im praying.I had my non feeder out today he looked clean as a whistle.The other 2 I havent bothered they ate yesterday I dont mess with them for a couple days after feeding.Im praying.