PDA

View Full Version : How much to feed?

How much to feed?

Mallowolf
06-17-2012, 08:39 PM
OK so I have a beautiful snow corn snake thats sitting pretty at 78grams right now. I've been feeding her 2 mice fuzzies every week, but i just read somewhere that a snake 50-90 grams should be eating a hopper every week. Am i feeding her too little? I have a ball python and rule of thumb is that you feed them 15% of their body weight. Is there anything similar for cornsnakes?

Yamahajones
06-17-2012, 08:50 PM
1 1/2 times the thickness of the body size

Mallowolf
06-17-2012, 09:10 PM
Ok thank you very much. I currently have rat pinkies in my freezer that look about the right size (they weigh 6 grams) That should be fine right?

Tavia
06-17-2012, 09:39 PM
If you run a search for the "Munson Plan" that will give you a good guideline. You don't have to follow it exactly. It tends to be geared towards breeding snakes and so might be a bit aggressive for a snake that you don't intend to breed and doesn't get much exercise. So you can tweak it to fit your individual snake but it will give you a good starting point.

Mallowolf
06-17-2012, 09:50 PM
If you run a search for the "Munson Plan" that will give you a good guideline. You don't have to follow it exactly. It tends to be geared towards breeding snakes and so might be a bit aggressive for a snake that you don't intend to breed and doesn't get much exercise. So you can tweak it to fit your individual snake but it will give you a good starting point.

Thank you very much! Yes i'll tweak it a bit since i have no intentions of breeding Marceline! :)