PDA

View Full Version : please advice feed help

please advice feed help

jeff
06-05-2004, 08:22 AM
i have 2 corns ,a normal phase about 10 weeks old, doing fantastic ,and an albino about 8 weeks old ,it will not eat ,it drinks often but shys away from food its becoming slow,,help we love our snakes, they both share a viv 4 ft by1.5 ft

Kel
06-05-2004, 08:49 AM
Has the 8 week old ever eaten to your knowledge? Get it to a vet for a check up and make sure there isn't an underlying illness causing the problem.

Separate them if you can while you get the problem sorted. The non-eater could be stressed by having to share. Keeping Corns together can work well, but some simply don't take to it. It will also lessen the likelihood of any disease being transferred.

The good news is that she's still drinking. Get a supplement in the water such as Critical Care Formula or Reptoboost.

hockeystop
06-24-2004, 10:01 PM
I have gone through similar trials with 4 problem feeders and here is what has worked for me so far:

Beheaded frozen pinks
Lizardmaker scented live pinks
Live Anole

All are fed in small deli size clear cups which I leave them with the prey item overnight and cover the rack with a towel. One hatchling wouldnt eat until I did that. If they dont feel secure they wont eat, because they feel vulnerable to predators when they eat.

I hear alot people have had success with the brained pinks, but I havent so far. I have one hatchling that is extremely feeble and I had to assist feed that one a hopper size mouse tail.

jeff
06-27-2004, 07:52 AM
:( thanks to all who replied in our concern. our little albino died while having a poo. the other one (miami) missed it , so we got a hypomelanistic for company. they love it

jeff
06-27-2004, 07:58 AM
:( thanks to all who replied in our concern. our little albino died while having a poo. the other one (miami) missed it , so we got a hypomelanistic for company. they love it