PDA

View Full Version : should i be concerned

should i be concerned

jane
06-07-2004, 02:24 PM
Got my baby corn at last, apparently its only eaten a few times, but i fed her/him last thursday and he/she ate it, but i can not see any poo.

i have her/him on reptile bark ( think thats wot it was) got it from the reptile shop, i've checked through all its tunnels but cannnot find anything.

She/he is due to feed again this week, do i feed or not?
also he/she is small so how long would it take to digest?

Thanks

mattsnake
06-07-2004, 07:10 PM
I would go ahead and feed it Thursday this week. What is the temperature of the warmest part in the enclosure? Generaly warmer temps increase the speed of digestion.

MegF.
06-08-2004, 12:57 AM
I was using repti-bark at first also and gave it up because I could never find the poo. It wasn't until I completely dumped out the viv that I found some residue. I like the habi-chips or shredded aspen because its light color makes it easier for cleaning.

jane
06-08-2004, 05:14 PM
not quite sure of the temp on the hottest part, but i have got her on a heat mat, which the guy said was ok, she's also only in a little plastic viv at the moment, (one of them starter boxes ) she's moving around as usual tho, and her tummy is normal, ( maybe it will be a little poo, and i've missed it. But i'll feed her thursday and see what happens.

isis11
06-08-2004, 05:32 PM
Hi Jane,

My snakes have always taken 3-6 days to poop after a feed, so I wouldn't be surprised if it took your little one that long to digest a meal too. Repti-bark is very hard to find poop in so you may just have missed it since it will likely be small. I would still feed on Thursday. What kind of heating pad are you using?

jane
06-08-2004, 05:47 PM
hi isis11

i'm using a ul tratherm viv heater 230 volt- 7 watts, maybe it was small and i did miss it, but i dont want to be giving it a really good clean yet as he/she is only about 16 days old and i've only had he/she for a week, dont want to stress out, she/he as only just started to come out of the hide, when i go and sit by the viv.

isis11
06-08-2004, 06:55 PM
Yeah, I would search too much either. My snow gets stressed quite easily so I try to go into her viv as little as possible. Her poop definitely doesn't get cleaned up right away. I'd say when you feed him/her next, take it out to feed in a separate container and while it's eating search/clean the viv. Good luck with your new wee one. What morph is it?

jane
06-09-2004, 03:22 PM
She/he is a ghost, very cute, i will get pics of she/he when i can, how old is your snow? and how long have you had he/she?

slithering
06-13-2004, 02:53 AM
hello jane may i ask what color your ghost corn is?
:cheers:

jane
06-13-2004, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by slithering
hello jane may i ask what color your ghost corn is?
:cheers:

Its grey/white Why? looks like all the ghost's i've seen in books lol

Iris
06-14-2004, 12:15 AM
some ghosts have other tones too, like oranges.
Check out one of Rich's ghosts: http://www.serpenco.com/pics/ghost02.jpg