PDA

View Full Version : Is this ok?

Is this ok?

Sekani
07-29-2012, 07:22 PM
Usually it is advised to wait a week after bringing a new snake home before you feed it. Let it settle in without bothering for that week.

I just saw this now, after Ive fed my new baby. The Guy in the reptile place told me that he was due a feed and with a baby, 24 hours is a sufficient amount of time to wait before feeding them, is this true?

I fed him today and it did take him a few minutes to comprehend what i was trying to do but once he smelt the mouse he started eating.

BooBoo18
07-29-2012, 07:32 PM
The rule is to let them settle in to their new home about 7 days before you feed them. If he ate ok then I am sure he will be fine.

Irefe
07-29-2012, 07:33 PM
Since he fed alright, I'd assume it was alright. I think your biggest issue is a regurge from stress, but if 3 days goes by without one, you should be fine.

Personally, I'd leave him for a full week, feed him again, then leave him for 3 days to digest before handling, just to be safe.

Good luck!

Pugsley
07-29-2012, 10:30 PM
Hey, don't worry about it, he ate. Just leave him alone to digest.

The snakes don't read the rule books.

The main thing is to try and reduce their stress before stressing them again. Still, it wasn't shipped, so it just had the ride home and being out of the pet store was probably a great relieve for it.