PDA

View Full Version : Hatchling Regurged First Meal! :(

Hatchling Regurged First Meal! :(

brobertson
08-06-2012, 01:27 PM
:awcrap: So my baby snow corn hatchling, who is 19 days old, finally took his first meal last night. I was soooo excited. Now, I went in this morning to change his water, and I found the regurgitated pinkie. What do I do? How long should I wait before trying to feed again? I am so nervous for the poor snake.

diamondlil
08-06-2012, 01:30 PM
:awcrap: So my baby snow corn hatchling, who is 19 days old, finally took his first meal last night. I was soooo excited. Now, I went in this morning to change his water, and I found the regurgitated pinkie. What do I do? How long should I wait before trying to feed again? I am so nervous for the poor snake.
Wait 10 days before trying a pinky head. In the meantime double check your temperatures, and try not to worry too much. One regurge is a blip, fingers crossed it's a one-off

Susan
08-06-2012, 04:13 PM
Not only double check your temps, but make sure you are feeding the proper size pinky for the hatchling. I always seem to get a wide range of hatchling sizes and young hatchlings seem to be able to handle food that seems too large, some can easily take a large pinky while others can barely take half of the smallest XSM pinky. Feeding too large of a meal can cause a regurge as well.