PDA

View Full Version : Does this look weird to you?

Does this look weird to you?

hypnoctopus
08-07-2012, 03:46 PM
Sterling, my little pewter, has an odd-looking (to me anyway) lower 'lip'. It looks dry or crusty, sort of. He's had it since I got him. He's in the clear phase of his shed right now, so I will take a post shed picture and see if it looks any different then. (Although it didn't go away with his last shed either.) It doesn't seem to bother him whatsoever. I feed him F/T and he was being fed live before I got him, although just pinkies, so I don't think they could have injured him at all.

He flicks his tongue normally, and I've seen inside his mouth when he 'yawns' and it all looks normal in there.

http://www1.picturepush.com/photo/a/8922679/1024/Anonymous/IMG-1330.jpg

(I apologize for my hairy carpet!)

beautifullywild77
08-07-2012, 04:04 PM
It could be some kind of infection in the mouth. Does crusty stuff come off on the shed? I have a RO that my husband got from Petco that had crusty stuff on the side of his mouth. Brown scab like things came off on his shed. We took him to the vet and it was an infection. The vet put her on a oral med. She is still in isolation but no more crusty stuff around her mouth.

jessicashallperish
08-07-2012, 04:43 PM
personally i think your snake has an odd shape about its head.. that may just be me. i HAVE had some snakes that had some dark looking stuff on their lower lip before a shed and it came off, it was a snake that had rubbed his face alot in coconut husk before i got him.

mattsnake
08-07-2012, 04:50 PM
I think it looks pretty bad. try raising the humidity. If it dosen't heal after this upcoming shed I would take it to the vet.

Nanci
08-07-2012, 05:53 PM
How long have you had him? Has he had a shed with you before? I've had a snake that had SUPER crusty yellowish "stuff" around his lips and nose before he shed, and it shed off, and he was absolutely fine.

I don't think his head shape looks funny. He looks like he's flattening it a little.

hypnoctopus
08-07-2012, 06:52 PM
How long have you had him? Has he had a shed with you before? I've had a snake that had SUPER crusty yellowish "stuff" around his lips and nose before he shed, and it shed off, and he was absolutely fine.

I don't think his head shape looks funny. He looks like he's flattening it a little.

I haven't had him very long, and he has had one shed with me so far.

I've been watching him all day because I knew he was going to shed today and I saw him rubbing his head all over the place (very cute), but I had to go out for about 15 minutes to pick my sister up from school, and wouldn't you know it, that's when he decided to shed, so I missed it AGAIN! :nope:

Anyway, the shed looks like it cleared that area right up.

http://www5.picturepush.com/photo/a/8923983/800/Anonymous/IMG-1339.jpg

Thanks for everyone's input! :)

beautifullywild77
08-07-2012, 07:38 PM
Awesome! .

Nanci
08-07-2012, 07:44 PM
Looks perfect now! My laptop will let me zoom that way up. There's nothing there. Just perfect new skin.

mattsnake
08-08-2012, 01:18 PM
wow that was a good shed now he's perfect!:)

EmbersMom
08-08-2012, 06:36 PM
I think that's the cutest snake face, ever!

hypnoctopus
08-08-2012, 09:54 PM
I think that's the cutest snake face, ever!

Haha, thanks, I think so too! :)

Clickslither
08-25-2012, 05:21 AM
duckface cornsnake, lol