PDA

View Full Version : Help!! Kinks!!

Help!! Kinks!!

Jayde
06-10-2004, 04:25 PM
Please help!
The cornsnake eggs I've been incubating have hatched and I've been checking them over and I notice one of them (the most hyper snake) has a small kink on the back. This is the only snake that has one and I was wondering if the snake is going to be ok? Live a long healthy life and be able to sell?
Please let me know, especially if you've experienced this with your snakes.
Any help welcomed.

Luv (a worried)
Jayde
-x-

sue
06-10-2004, 05:05 PM
I had one with a kink last year and kept it back because I didn't feel it was right to sell it. The snake eats and shed well and seems as happy as the others so I will just look for a good home for it as a pet. I wouldn't want anybody to try and breed from it though.
I am sure some breeders would be a little more tough when it first hatched?

J_Daniels
06-10-2004, 07:01 PM
Yup, a lot of breeders (I'm not really a breeder, per se, I've got my first clutch this year, and I'm really not sure what I would do) would have frozen the little guy immediatly.

JCD

Jayde
06-10-2004, 07:17 PM
Thanks for repling ^_^
He's active, he's less than a week old so hasn't shed or eaten, but when he's a few months old I'll give him to a snake and spider rescue. But so far he seems quite happy in himself.
Anyone know what causes this and what the "kink" is made of (bone or tissue)?

Luv
Jayde
-x-

Siva
06-10-2004, 11:37 PM
kinks are made from a bunching of the vertebraes in the spine(so made of bone)

If he eats on his own you should be able to find him anice home as a pet but if he doesn't then you have problems :(

i adopted a little ghost corn as a hatchling he has about 7 kinks all along his spine. He ate his first meal and refused every meal after that. I ended up force feeding him for over a year but then i decided to starve him and he would either eat or he wouldn't and i was ready to accept that if he didn't he was just not meant to live and i shouldn't prolong his suffering. after like 5 or so weeks he ate his first unaided meal with me. he now eats 1-2 pinks a week and is steadily growing. he is a 2002 but he is only 17 inches long so he has a long way to go.. but i guess the point is that they just need a little extra attention and the will probably do ok.

I think most breeders would have given up on my baby a long time ago but i have been rewarded with a wonderful tame and beautiful little snakey and that made all the extra time spent working with him worth every second :)