PDA

View Full Version : problem feeder

problem feeder

BooBoo18
08-16-2012, 05:55 PM
Last night Nathair did not eat again. This is now two feedings in a row that he has not eaten. He has been a sporadic feeder to begin with eating only one pinkie and leaving one or skipping meals. He would not eat in a separate bin so he has his food delivered to his door in a toilet paper tube and that has worked but now that he has not eaten I am going to start progressing down the list of suggestions. I have successfully gotten him to eat with the food in a tube and him left overnight. Now for some questions.

Should I continue trying to feed the same way or switch to a different approach with him? I could try back in a bin, tease feeding, braining?

Since he was only eating one of the two pinkies given should we try him on Peach fuzzies? He is big enough to handle fuzzies and has gained weight on just the single pinkies.

Am I overly concerned right now since he has only missed two feedings? He is a 2011 hatchling he has been gaining weight and should be eating peach fuzzies but have not gotten him to eat one yet. Every attempt of trying he has not eaten but when I go back to two pinkies he eats only one. Why is he only eating one when there are two sitting there?

I guess since everyone else eats so well I have to have the one that tosses a whole monkey wrench into our happiness. He is my little freak for sure.

Any suggestions would be so helpful.

btw I have seen him out wandering around last night after his mouse was put in so I know he was not in shed.