PDA

View Full Version : Viatamins? need help

Viatamins? need help

DustinWaller
06-22-2002, 02:58 AM
Hey i was surfin the forums and i just saw that people were saying the snakes need their food dipped in viatamins. Rich said a mixture of Blairs Super Preen and osteroform. I know that Blairs super preen is a bird food becouse i have a bird. I will try to swing by a bird food store and see if hey have it. They have about every bird food you could ever think of so i think they would probly have super preen. Now osteoform,never heard of this stuff :p Where would i get some of this and what is it,is it a powder also? And also do you guys just put like 1 cup of preen and 1 cup of osteoform in a jar and mix it up and then just use that the powder thats in the jar untill its gone and then put 1 scoop of each again,etc??

thx!

SilverTongue
06-22-2002, 03:00 AM
Well I dont know where to get it, berhaps a a big retail petstore...Ostio means bones (i believe) ..ostioparosis ect ect

DustinWaller
06-22-2002, 03:03 AM
hmm strange,very strange. il check it out

Doctor Mike
06-22-2002, 06:50 PM
Bush Herp Supply will sell you Osteoform and many other excellent vitamin supplement mixes:

Bush Herp Supply - Food & Dietary Supplements (http://www.bushherp.com/food.html)

I prefer mixing a single dose worth per snake of my blend of vitamins and supplements each time I inject the mix into the feeder mice, just before feeding. By injecting instead of coating the feeder mice, I keep their appetite appeal, smell and taste unaffected. Of course, I use a new syringe and needle every time.

Yes, the Latin prefix "osteo" does mean "of or related to bone". Osteoporosis, osteomalacia, osteochondritis dissecans, osteochondrosis, osteitis, osteoma, osteosarcoma, osteogenesis imperfecta, osteoarthritis and osteomyelitis are just a few of the many diseases of bone in humans and all other vertebrates [being able to tell these apart and what they mean is a frequent matching type test question on the medical board exams]. The term "Osteoform" would imply a supplement helpful in "forming bone".

No bones to pick,
Doctor Mike