PDA

View Full Version : Regurgitation?!

Regurgitation?!

CornCob
08-27-2012, 11:46 AM
Hello! My snow corn keeps regurgitating her pinkies. I have checked her temp, water, and humidity and they are fine. Two weeks ago I fed her 2 and I thought one of the pinkies looked weird and she regurgitated it the next day (that was her first regurg). And I fed her yesterday and she regurgitated both of the pinkies. I don't know whats wrong, are the pinkies bad? They have been in the freezer since November 2011. I have had her since November 2011 and have NEVER had a problem until now.

Shiari
08-27-2012, 12:49 PM
Collect a fecal sample and take her to the vet.

Also, don't feed her 2 pinkies. Wait 10 days, and feed her half of a single pinky. Provided she doesn't regurge again, feed her another half-pink 7 days later. Do that for a couple more feeds, then go to a whole, slit pinky. Feed that for 4 or 5 feeds, and then try the double pinks again.

Do be aware, though, that multiple regurges can also be a sign of crypto, which is why you should take a fecal sample to the vet.

CornCob
08-27-2012, 01:29 PM
Crypto? I've never heard of that. She has always had a slow digestion rate. she usually takes about 3 days before the lump is gone. What do I need to do? I have a ball python thats tank is under hers, will she be okay?

AliCat37
08-27-2012, 03:43 PM
Just like Shiari said, take a fecal sample to the vet (make sure it is poop, not urates). With regurging twice in a row, her tummy can't handle a lot of food yet. I'd do the vet thing first, and pick up some nutribac. I ordered mine from Kathy Love, and she is great about getting it to you quickly.

CornCob
08-27-2012, 04:23 PM
Okay! I've never taken a snake/snake feces to the vet so does it need to be a reptile vet or what? And thank you to both of you, I don't know what I would do without this site!