PDA

View Full Version : Best book on snake parasites?

Best book on snake parasites?

MindsEyeExotics
09-09-2012, 09:06 PM
I would like to learn more about diagnosing parasites in my collection myself. I do not have the money to take every single snake to a vet to have a fecal done and since two of my snakes have obvious tapeworms I'm afraid the others might have a lower parasite load/even other parasites I can't see. Of course I practice proper hygiene with their cages/ in between handling snakes and everything, and only feed frozen thawed, but I'm just curious now if anybody else is infected, they all appear to be healthy. I would like to start researching how to routinely check my snakes so that I know which ones need medical attention and not just be guessing. Which book would you recommend for learning about parasites and medication dosages so I can be sure the vet knows what they are talking about as well, because any kind of medication scares me as I am more about holistic approach to things if possible and do not want to lose any of my snakes of course.

Nanci
09-09-2012, 09:15 PM
I'd recommend Understanding Reptile Parasites. Roger Klingenberg.

MindsEyeExotics
09-09-2012, 10:26 PM
Thanks! I decided to pick that one up, it looked the best to me too out of the ones on amazon