PDA

View Full Version : "Beauty of Snakes" in High-Definition

"Beauty of Snakes" in High-Definition

ozone
06-14-2004, 04:28 PM
Hello all,

for those of you who own High-Definition TVs and receive the HDNet channel, keep an eye out for the fascinating special called the "Beauty of Snakes". It's aired a few times in the past couple of days/weeks, but hopefully there will be more broadcasts in the near future.

Shot with high-definition cameras and very cool cinematography, they do a wonderful job of documenting snakes through the important aspects of their lives: shedding, mating, birthing, movement, vision, hunting, killing, eating, etc. In addition to the usual Boas, Rattlers, and the like, Corn snakes do make an appearance in the birthing section - which contrasts the Garter snake's live-birthing technique to the Corn snake's egg laying process.

As a newbie, it answered many of the questions I've been having about my own snake, and many of the questions I've seen asked on this forum. Of course, being in high-def made if all the more realistic and stunning. I believe this was originally produced for Animal Planet...but catch it in HD if you can, it's like seeing it with your own eyes.

-Chris
http://www.employees.org/~cdelgran/ziggy.htm

hockeystop
06-14-2004, 05:08 PM
Thanks Chris I will check it out.

John

hockeystop
06-29-2004, 08:24 PM
I went to HDNet's program webstie and could not find anything on this program. Looks like they are done showing it.

Shoot!
:angry01:

ozone
06-30-2004, 01:04 AM
I did a search on www.titantv.com and found that there is another broadcast coming up. This one is on Discovery HD (Directv channel 76) on Monday, July 12th at 4pm Pacific.

I don't know if this url will work for everyone else, or if it's specific to my account on TitanTV:
http://www.titantv.com/ttv/Grid/Grid.aspx?contentType=satellite&startTime=7%2f12%2f2004+4%3a00%3a00+PM&scheduleId=48365595&channel=76

Be sure to check it out!

hockeystop
06-30-2004, 02:24 AM
Coolness! Thanks ozone.