PDA

View Full Version : Not Digesting?

Not Digesting?

jessicashallperish
09-13-2012, 07:23 AM
my non feeder has now taken four meals.. passed poo etc etc.. i thought she was doing fantastic.. she is feeding on only heads for the time being until i get to an expo (this saturday) and get some small pinks.. she was fed on monday night.. and still has a giant lump in her..which is gravely concerning me because i JUST lost my baby blood red to a blockage that wasn't caught in time. (this happened last night :'(( ) she has poo'd once..but when help up to the light there isnt anything in her bowels other than this head. and it wasnt a large head. her temps are good my room is climate controlled to be 82 degrees and she also has one corner of her tub on a heat mat (85) i can't afford to take her to a vet. is there ANYTHING i can possibly do?.. i have this awful gut feeling that i am going to lose her :( i tried to take a picture but its nearly impossible with a wiggly baby..

Nanci
09-13-2012, 08:07 AM
Is it possible she is blue?

jessicashallperish
09-13-2012, 10:41 AM
i dont think so, she is an amel so its kinda obvious when they are. she doesnt seem dull. her siblings have had 3 and 4 sheds though. she has had one.. so i assume it IS possible but i check on her every day and i havent noticed her looking duller than usual.
she also hasnt had any regurges, so its not like the flora in her belly is depleted. im honestly not sure at all why she wouldnt be digesting. its like she swallowed and thats it. its just sitting there.

jessicashallperish
09-13-2012, 10:44 AM
i dont think so, she is an amel so its kinda obvious when they are. she doesnt seem dull. her siblings have had 3 and 4 sheds though. she has had one.. so i assume it IS possible but i check on her every day and i havent noticed her looking duller than usual.
she also hasnt had any regurges, so its not like the flora in her belly is depleted. im honestly not sure at all why she wouldnt be digesting. its like she swallowed and thats it. its just sitting there.

diamondlil
09-13-2012, 10:49 AM
Can you bump up her temperature at all?

jessicashallperish
09-13-2012, 11:06 AM
yes i can turn it up.. what should i set it to? its 85 on the warm side of her tub

diamondlil
09-13-2012, 11:10 AM
Definately 85? bum, I was hoping the temps were too low, which would be a simple thing to fix, sorry.

bitsy
09-13-2012, 11:17 AM
With the room's ambient temp at 82, if there's a temp issue it's more likely that she's too warm and can't thermoregulate. Sometimes individual Corns take exception to conditions which others find comfortable.

jessicashallperish
09-13-2012, 11:29 AM
its only one tiny corner of her tub. i normally dont keep them on other heat sources since the temp of the room is 82. but i noticed her lump had not gone down in 3 days so i put her on a little extra heat. i should have included that in the beginning. ooppsies. she's on the cold side though. BLAH

diamondlil
09-13-2012, 11:33 AM
Can you get 1/2 her tub on 85?

jessicashallperish
09-13-2012, 11:50 AM
Yes I can.

jessicashallperish
09-13-2012, 02:44 PM
She regurged the head. It was barely digested and was hard as a rock. Following the regurge protocol and offering her a piece of a body in 10 days. Maybe that'll be easier to digest.

diamondlil
09-13-2012, 02:49 PM
Personally I'd try half a smaller pinkie head after the 10 days. But as she was a difficult to start feeder, there may be reasons why she didn't digest properly and you may well lose her.

Nanci
09-13-2012, 02:50 PM
You should get Nutribac for her.

jessicashallperish
09-13-2012, 04:05 PM
i actually have some :)
im not sure why she didnt digest the head. she has had 3 other heads that were the same size and one hour old pinky that a mother mouse didnt kill when she ate the rest of them. im at a loss. she is still bright and perky. but she'll get some nutribac in her and her next meal will be something small and easy to digest. bleh. so stressful. she was just about ready to go to a new home too *SIGH*