PDA

View Full Version : Scale discoloration

Scale discoloration

Lawrl
09-13-2012, 12:38 PM
Hi all,

Today when I was handling my baby amel corn snake, I noticed what looked like some slight discoloration on his scales. I tried to get a picture, but my camera is terrible and it was impossible to capture. I'll try to describe it as best as possible.

Basically, it looked like the pattern of his scales was disrupted. It looked like there was more grey/black/white where it seemed like red should be. I looked at pictures of scale rot and it didn't look like what my baby has, though it could be an early case. It's also possible the coloration has always been there and I just noticed. His belly looks normal-this is just on the sides of his body.

If he was losing scales, would it be obvious?

I have had him for almost a month and have yet to see him shed. However, he is eating normally and may have gotten a tad bigger.

Please let me know if this sounds serious or if there are any other things I should look for. Thanks!

http://i1068.photobucket.com/albums/u453/lawrl/75e517b9.jpg

diamondlil
09-13-2012, 01:30 PM
Is it possible he's squeezing though an ornament in this viv and damaging his side scales?

Lawrl
09-13-2012, 05:06 PM
That is totally possible-I have seen him wedging himself under the screen top of his viv.