PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!!!!

HELP!!!!!

nova
06-22-2002, 02:46 PM
I went away on vacation last week and my corn shed, But she didnt shed the part by her tail. I made an appointment for the vet for next week. But this morning she was crawling through my hands and the very tip, about half an inch, fell off. What should I do¿ Will she be able to breed, and do every day corn things¿

Jr Nimeskern
06-22-2002, 03:06 PM
Hmmm I have never had this problem before... but what has happened probably is that the left over shed killed the end of the tail... I dont think this would be a problem for the snake in anyway... since the tail has no reproductive organs or what not... just as long as you have a vent... then you should be ok... Im not sure but maybe the tail will partially grow back...

Tim Madsen
06-22-2002, 03:09 PM
There's nothing you can do about it except maybe put some triple antibiotic ointment on it. Loosing part of a tail shouldn't harm the snake. If it's a female breeding shouldn't be a problem. If it's a male and the hemipene are still there then it can still breed. IMHO

pdrau
06-23-2002, 12:02 AM
Is there an open wound on the end of the tail? If not, then the part that fell off was probably just a wad of dead skin that was stuck on the end of the tail.

Peter