PDA

View Full Version : Do mice sometimes "pop" while being eaten?

Do mice sometimes "pop" while being eaten?

HermesMom
09-29-2012, 08:02 PM
I'm not too concerned here, but feel the need to ask ;) Fed my snow, Nessie, tonight a fuzzy and when I uncovered her feeding bin there were decent size blood spots on the paper towel, a few spots of blood on the walls and a big droplet on her back. Her fuzzy was down the hatch and she was 100% normal, albeit quite PO'd I gently wiped her back with a paper towel. She's usually a "sniffer, then proceed to eat" kind of girl. Could the mouse have had a "blow out" out the end that was out of her mouth while swallowing? I guess she could have constricted it, which could cause the blood to "blow out" but I doubt her constricting only because she really doesn't. Oh, and yes, I feed F/T... just looking for my mind to be put at ease here :uhoh:

hypnoctopus
09-29-2012, 08:10 PM
Yes, this has happened to me once before as well. In my case, I overheated the mouse a little bit and it kinda popped as my snake was eating it.

Zombiegirl
09-29-2012, 09:32 PM
Oh yes, I had this happen with my first corn, as well as a batch of fuzzies I recently got for Kiyo...picked up some at the show today, hopefully that doesn't happen again...so gross >.<

Zombiegirl
09-29-2012, 09:33 PM
edit: I think in Rune's case (first snake) he constricted the bajebus out of the mouse, 2nd time with Kiyo must've been "overcooked".

RobbiesCornField
09-30-2012, 02:59 AM
One time, I had ordered super extra jumbo mega retired breeder mice, and when one of my guys struck and coiled, they squeezed too hard, and a couple of pinkies wound up popping out. :-puke01: You want to talk about disgusting...

HermesMom
09-30-2012, 11:09 AM
Thanks folks, I'm glad to hear that this sometimes does happen.

ceduke
09-30-2012, 05:13 PM
My Indogi snake regularly explodes his meals. I don't think they're overcooked as his mice are thawed in the same bowl as everyone else's. I just think he's crazy. LoL.

The_Thunderer
10-01-2012, 12:47 AM
Oh, yes... sometimes an eye will "pop" out... sometimes guts will pour out of a previous bite... yeah... blood e-v-e-r-y-w-h-e-r-e. LOL.