PDA

View Full Version : Shedding issue!! Please help me :(

Shedding issue!! Please help me :(

MayMayz
10-01-2012, 01:47 AM
My African House snake is having issues shedding. I have read Nanci's post about putting the snake into a plastic container lined with a towel and partially filled with water but that is not working either. Only the head part of the shed came off and is not connected to the rest of the shed that is still on my snake's body. Is there anything else I can do so that my snake can fully shed?! I'm freaking out here!

cornsnakeforsale_com
10-01-2012, 02:14 AM
I put mine into a small container with a little bit of water and rocks. Not smooth, not sharp, but definitely rough. Works every time, usually within like 15 minutes.

bitsy
10-01-2012, 04:35 AM
If the old shed is stuck on, the soaking might need longer to work. Try leaving it in the tub for a couple of hours (make sure there are airholes, obviously).

There's no need to partly fill it with water. Just make the towel wringing wet.

Nanci
10-01-2012, 05:28 AM
I would try soaking him again. You can also put him in a damp pillowcase, with damp paper towels, and let him crawl around. Make sure the corners of the pillowcase are stitched, though, and even though you tie a knot at the top, still hang on to it. Baby snakes can crawl through a knot unless it is very tight.