PDA

View Full Version : Pinkish Nostrils?

Pinkish Nostrils?

Taybeh Chaser
10-03-2012, 06:16 AM
I apologize for flooding the forum with questions lately. I have another question about Zanjibil. Just recently I noticed his nostrils are looking a bit pink. I don't know if this is a detail of his coloring I have not noticed before, a small change following his first shed a few weeks ago, or an early sign of a health problem.

Otherwise, he is fine. There is no wheezing or other breathing problems that I've seen, and he doesn't seem to have any discharge around his mouth or nose. I also don't see him behaving the way I understand a snake with a mite problem behaves (excessive rubbing, soaking, etc).

Is this something I may need to worry about?

Nanci
10-03-2012, 06:54 AM
I think snakes' nostrils are normally pink.

Taybeh Chaser
10-03-2012, 07:12 AM
Thanks. I guess I just never looked that closely at Z's face before! Well, I feel silly. I am a little over-anxious, with him still being relatively new and all.

toxiclight
10-03-2012, 07:32 AM
Never feel silly asking a question. It's better to ask and know for sure than to worry. Everyone asks what they think are silly questions when they start keeping snakes...to me, it's a sign of someone who only wants the best for their animals.

(and I'm pretty sure most of mine have pink-ish nostrils)