PDA

View Full Version : Mouse lump not showing after ~12 hours?

Mouse lump not showing after ~12 hours?

kurasumi
10-04-2012, 11:39 AM
I just fed my young corn snake approx 7 hours ago. This morning, he was moving around his viv and I noticed the mouse lump doesn't seem to be showing. From what I can tell he hasn't regurged--I lifted and examined both of his hides and there's no half-digested pinkie lying around. The only thing I can think of is that he's already digested his meal.

Should I plan on feeding him again sometime today? Tomorrow? It seems like the pinkie I fed him might have been too small. Here's a picture (I forgot to weigh the mouse; I really wish I had) :

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbcd7mJ0hA1qhkcejo1_1280.jpg

Is it possible he already needs to be bumped up to fuzzies? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

bitsy
10-04-2012, 12:07 PM
A good guide is that the food should be about 1.5 times the width of the snake's body. That photo seems to indicate that the pinkie is about the right size for him, even though the lump's gone down faster than you might expect.

I certainly wouldn't feed two days in a row, or even every other day. The most I'd go to with pinkies is once every 5 days.

kurasumi
10-04-2012, 12:32 PM
A good guide is that the food should be about 1.5 times the width of the snake's body. That photo seems to indicate that the pinkie is about the right size for him, even though the lump's gone down faster than you might expect.

I certainly wouldn't feed two days in a row, or even every other day. The most I'd go to with pinkies is once every 5 days.

Alright, thank you! I'll hold off on feeding him until sometime next week, then. Maybe I'm just having trouble identifying what's snake and what's mouse lump, since this is the first time I've even fed a snake before in my life.