PDA

View Full Version : Is there something wrong with this snake's tail?

Is there something wrong with this snake's tail?

ladymagpie
10-10-2012, 05:16 PM
I'm quite keen about getting a snow or similar corn, and a private breeder have sent me a couple of pictures a few weeks ago. All the snakes look healthy but while I'm sure it has nothing to do with the overall health of the snake I can't help thinking there's something odd with this one's tail. I've cropped the photo closely to protect the identity of the snake, lol

BloodyBaroness
10-10-2012, 06:00 PM
I don't think the tail is the issue. It looks like that snake has a good bit of backed up fecal material (poop.) I would steer clear of that baby. Something is certainly odd or wrong there.

ladymagpie
10-10-2012, 06:11 PM
I don't think the tail is the issue. It looks like that snake has a good bit of backed up fecal material (poop.) I would steer clear of that baby. Something is certainly odd or wrong there.

All the other snakes from that clutch look absolutely fine. Is it an issue that should lead to me steering clear from the seller?

bitsy
10-11-2012, 04:07 AM
I'd certainly avoid someone who was trying to sell on a hatchling with a potential health problem without commenting on it. Snows are one of the most common and cheapest Corn morphs. You should be able to find plenty from other sources in the UK.