PDA

View Full Version : Feeding Frustration

Feeding Frustration

mbl322
10-15-2012, 07:37 AM
Hey everyone

I have new hatchling corn that hasn't eaten a meal since i got her, It has been 15 days since she has ate. I have offered multiple frozen/thawed and she wanted nothing to do with them. Last night i offered a live pinkie and STILL NOTHING! I left the pinkie in over night and no interest.

What do I do?!?!

How long can a hatchling go without food before they starve to death?

I am getting concerned... :/

diamondlil
10-15-2012, 07:39 AM
Was the hatchling feeding reliably before you bought it? Did it come with a feeding record?

mbl322
10-15-2012, 11:36 AM
that is a mistake i made when i purchased. I did not get this information. However the day I purchased him he eat. and the guy sold me F/T pinkie so I assume that is what he had prior.

I've never seen a shed. Is it possible he is going into shed? its been 2 weeks

Fatman608
10-15-2012, 12:34 PM
On top of this section is a sticky labeled "Health Issues/Feeding Problems FAQ" read it and all your questions more than likely will be answered.

MayMayz
10-16-2012, 12:48 AM
My hatchling went over two months without touching her food. It was so devastating to see her basically decompose while still living. Her scales / skin started to become wrinkly from losing so much weight. At first I tried feeding her every night with all of the feeding information I was obtaining. Eventually it turned into a weekly thing then an every-other-week thing. Finally one day she decided to eat and she's been fine ever since. I wish the best for you and don't give up trying!