PDA

View Full Version : I accidentally bought fuzzies...

I accidentally bought fuzzies...

RedAlbino77
10-17-2012, 12:35 PM
I've had Petey for around 2 months. He last weighed around 13 grams, if I did it right :/ BUT he's been on pinkies. I went to buy them, and I guess the fuzzies were placed in the wrong part of the freezer display. Is it ok to feed him these, because they have a no return policy for the frozen foods.

starsevol
10-17-2012, 12:41 PM
I've had Petey for around 2 months. He last weighed around 13 grams, if I did it right :/ BUT he's been on pinkies. I went to buy them, and I guess the fuzzies were placed in the wrong part of the freezer display. Is it ok to feed him these, because they have a no return policy for the frozen foods.

If it were me, I would throw them in the freezer. They will keep until Petey is ready for them. Then go back and get some pinks!!

(Or better yet, get ANOTHER snake that is on fuzzies (another set up is not all thatttttttt expensive, is it?), then if you make the same mistake again you are all set!)

:)

RedAlbino77
10-17-2012, 12:43 PM
I wish I could get another snake!! But this is my problem too... I can't just go out and get more pinks. It's over an hour drive, my car is messing up, and I have to work in 3 hours. Can feeding him fuzzies hurt him?

starsevol
10-17-2012, 12:47 PM
I wish I could get another snake!! But this is my problem too... I can't just go out and get more pinks. It's over an hour drive, my car is messing up, and I have to work in 3 hours. Can feeding him fuzzies hurt him?

If a fuzzy is more than 1.5 times the widest part of his body, I think feeding him a fuzzy would be risking a regurge.
If you had to you might be able to cut it in half, but that is pretty nasty. You would want to do that while it is still frozen.
Does he absolutely have to eat today or can he wait til tomorrow??

lilmike227
10-17-2012, 12:48 PM
Im not expert but I think you would be better off waiting till you can get some pinks. Fuzzies are too big and your snake might regurge or hurt itself trying to eat a whole fuzzy. If your snake was on double pinks then it might be fine but I think its too risky at thist point..someone correct me if im wrong :)

RedAlbino77
10-17-2012, 12:49 PM
Today marks the 6th day since last feeding. I have stuck to wait 5 days, then feed the next. I'm sure he could wait, but he's been sitting in his feeding box, and I can tell he's hungry. He's been quite active this morning.

Christen
10-17-2012, 12:50 PM
Personally at 13 grams I think fuzzies are pushing it. He should really be on pinks for a little while longer but if you did by chance weigh him wrong then the food should not be more than 1 1/2 times bigger than him. If they are bigger than that I wouldn't feed them. I have a few babies here that are 20 to 30 grams and I am not ready to move them up. They are currently eating double pinks.

RedAlbino77
10-17-2012, 12:55 PM
Ok. Since I cannot make it to the store, I am cutting the smallest fuzz in half. I'll go to the store tomorrow to get pinks. Thank you for all of your guys help! So fast too!! I was warming up the fuzz when I posted and noticed the box said fuzzies :/ This forum is great!!

starsevol
10-17-2012, 12:58 PM
Ok. Since I cannot make it to the store, I am cutting the smallest fuzz in half. I'll go to the store tomorrow to get pinks. Thank you for all of your guys help! So fast too!! I was warming up the fuzz when I posted and noticed the box said fuzzies :/ This forum is great!!

Um, I hate to be a pain in the keister...but...if you are getting pinks just tomorrow...maybe he can wait to eat just one more day?
Just mentioning that option too! :)

RedAlbino77
10-17-2012, 01:10 PM
That's true... I just hate to tease him like that... Putting him in the feed box, and then not feeding him. Just seems cruel to me.

starsevol
10-17-2012, 01:13 PM
That's true... I just hate to tease him like that... Putting him in the feed box, and then not feeding him. Just seems cruel to me.

If you can give him a piece of fuzzy as small as the pinks he was eating that would be fine I think. But I would rather tease him for a single day than chance a regurge.

diamondlil
10-17-2012, 01:19 PM
Personally, I'd wait until the next day when I had the right size rather than risk a regurge.