PDA

View Full Version : Something to look at

Something to look at

Charlie
06-17-2004, 10:54 PM
Just wanted to share a picture of my female brazilian rainbow boa. I am really proud of how her colors are turning out. She is now eating f/t medium mice.

She has grown a bunch since this picture. She is pushing 48" and is about dollar size coin around if not bigger.

Enjoy!

dovetailthis
06-17-2004, 11:06 PM
That is pretty. How old is it and how large will it get?

Aaron

Charlie
06-17-2004, 11:11 PM
She was an 2002 hatch. I believe she has the capability of reaching atleast 6 ft. I don't know exactly how big around she will get. I have a pair of these but the female makes the male look dull. Plus she is about twice as big as the male is which is good because the male won't have to be as big when it come to breeding.

Edmund
06-18-2004, 09:04 AM
Gorgeous, Charlie! I didn't you know you had rainbow boas. I love them. Their pattern and color is already beautiful, but the fact that they glow with iridescence is just icing on the cake.

Alex Dew
06-18-2004, 10:24 AM
Beautiful Rainbow Boa. Are they known to get a bit bigger than Ball Pythons???

Charlie
06-18-2004, 11:11 AM
Yes,
They do get bigger than ball pythons. If not in length they definately do in girth. They range anywhere from 4-6 feet.

Charlene

Charlie
06-18-2004, 11:13 AM
Edmund,
They are my pride and joy. I have always wanted to own a rainbow boa even before I knew I was going to breed corns. I think I was 7 years old the first time I asked my mo and dad for one. They told me I was too young and that snake would get too big. I am glad that I finally have a pair and they are so gorgous. Both have really nice temperments too. Only once has either of them tried to bite me and it was my fault.

Charlene

Alex Dew
06-18-2004, 07:31 PM
Thanks. So how much you pay for a hatchling rb???

Alex

Charlie
06-18-2004, 08:41 PM
I paid 125 each for mine but it really depends on the breeder and what the babies look like.

Taceas
06-18-2004, 09:13 PM
Very very pretty! I love the irridescent sheen to them.

A friend of mine has a few of them and I was interested in owning one, up until he took his out and in turn each one of them bit him. And not just a little nip...a bite so hard that he was dripping blood. Kind of turned me off. I'll enjoy other people's rainbows from now on. =P

Charlie
06-18-2004, 09:54 PM
That's why I love mine so much more. They are known to bite and bite hard. I am glad that mine don't. Mine tend to save their bites for their food.

:)

Charlene