PDA

View Full Version : After feeding

After feeding

jjunner
06-23-2002, 01:07 AM
After my corn eats a nice meal, he doesn't just relax and digest it.. he wonders around like its nothing... and i am sure about the proper quantity of food. i dunno, maybe he is just strange.

Jr Nimeskern
06-23-2002, 01:10 AM
My snakes usually wonder around for about 10 min or so... then they settle down... Maybe your snake has alot of energy... who knows...

lynn
06-23-2002, 02:12 AM
Yep mine go on the wander as well.

kenalotia
06-23-2002, 02:14 AM
Maybe your snake is on the prowl for more food items. In the wild, they'll often come across more than one mouse at a time, after all. While still in feeding mode, a lot of corns will wander around looking for more food. When they don't find any, after awhile they'll settle down in a nice warm spot to digest.

pdrau
06-23-2002, 04:13 AM
That's pretty normal. Both of mine wander and then settle down. I think they work the food items down into their stomachs by stretching out and then settle in to digest them. Kinda like taking a walk after dinner. How big are they and how many of what food items do you feed them?

Peter

CornFreak
06-23-2002, 09:01 AM
My corn always takes a bath after she feeds. She's a very clean snake. I have often wondered about this, even in the winter when the water is cold she always soaks before she goes in her hide. And yes, she always wonders around a little more after she eats. The only time she didn't is when I gave her a pretty big mouse and it took her a while to get it down. I think she knew she was full enough and didn't bother looking for more.

Kel
06-24-2002, 02:19 PM
Mine do the same. I understand that they need a slightly higher temperature to digest properly, so I always assumed that they're scoping out the vivs for the spot with the best temp.

Cheers
Lel