PDA

View Full Version : Regurge Question.

Regurge Question.

BSLMichael
10-27-2012, 07:39 PM
Hey, I just checked on Monsoon (My male Amel het cinder) and found that he regurged. I'm nearly 100% sure that the reason he regurged was that extra small mouse i fed him that my other corn refused.

Guess I over fed him xD. Was jsut wondering if, since I knew the reason, would he be okay to eat agian in 6 days or if I should wait the 10 days as if he was a hatchling?

Nanci
10-27-2012, 08:20 PM
Is he an adult? You should skip his next meal, then start with a mouse half the size he has been getting, and work gradually back up, step by step.

Then you should buy a Florida King to eat extra mice.

Chip
10-27-2012, 08:45 PM
I must spread... etc., etc.

Yeah, no shortcuts because you know WHY it puked. They still throw up their digestive enzymes and have a hard time digesting much again soon, until it is built back up. If you try too much too soon, you may need a Florida king to eat your wasting snake. Puking is serious business. 2-3 times can knock the very vitality out of a snake. I'm not in a race to grow anything, even my scaleless. I have alligator snappers for my main refusal clean up. But I will give it to another ready snake if timing is right.

BSLMichael
10-27-2012, 09:02 PM
I must spread... etc., etc.

Yeah, no shortcuts because you know WHY it puked. They still throw up their digestive enzymes and have a hard time digesting much again soon, until it is built back up. If you try too much too soon, you may need a Florida king to eat your wasting snake. Puking is serious business. 2-3 times can knock the very vitality out of a snake. I'm not in a race to grow anything, even my scaleless. I have alligator snappers for my main refusal clean up. But I will give it to another ready snake if timing is right.

Could of anwsered my question without THAT comment. I find it offensive.
I asked the question to avoid situations that require "a Florida king to eat your wasting snake". Thank you.

BSLMichael
10-27-2012, 09:07 PM
Is he an adult? You should skip his next meal, then start with a mouse half the size he has been getting, and work gradually back up, step by step.

Then you should buy a Florida King to eat extra mice.

Thanks :p Just wanted to know if it was a youngin' thing only or not. Definately will follow the regurge rule knowing it applies to the adults too.

Guess now I know 2 small mice = too much for him. Thats what I get for trying not to waste a dethawed mouse :(

Chip
10-27-2012, 09:11 PM
Could of anwsered my question without THAT comment. That comes off as attacking and I find it offensive.
I asked the question to avoid situations that require "a Florida king to eat your wasting snake". Thank you.

Sorry if that read harsh, I was being honest. You know what? I could have done with out that comment. Sometimes I think having to euthanize snakes over the years changes my perspective in a way that would seem coarse to a young person with a couple of treasured pet snakes. I regret phrasing it that way and I'm sorry.

BSLMichael
10-27-2012, 09:17 PM
Dude, I wasn't a jerk about it. Sorry if that read harsh, I was being honest.

I consider my cornsnakes as pets first. I took it as insinuating that I'd even think of letting it get that far. The whole post seemed like "Heh this guy is just trying to power feed his corns so he can breed them". The whole "I'm not in a race" thing made me feel that you were impling I was.

Chip
10-27-2012, 09:26 PM
Gotcha. What I meant by that was, a lot of snakes are raised to breeding age very quickly. I don't fault people for it, especially the annual rate at which morphs can decrease in value. I don't even keep up with the Munson's. BTW, I edited and clarified my post about 8 seconds after posting! I guess you had it in your editor. At any rate, no offense meant.

BSLMichael
10-27-2012, 09:31 PM
Gotcha. What I meant by that was, a lot of snakes are raised to breeding age very quickly. I don't fault people for it, especially the annual rate at which morphs can decrease in value. I don't even keep up with the Munson's. BTW, I edited and clarified my post about 8 seconds after posting! I guess you had it in your editor. At any rate, no offense meant.

Sorry i took your post the wrong way.
Sometimes it is just hard to tell, and rather than keeping it to my self, I perfer letting people know how it made me feel.
That way instead of it festering and me thinking someone is a jerk, I give a chance to defend/explain.

It usually works out too :)!

Anyway, I'll file this under misunderstanding! Something that is too common over text. Alot of times emotions and speech pattern is taken another way based on the reader's personality or even current mood.

And im Hangry!