PDA

View Full Version : well i was wondering

well i was wondering

DirtySanchez
06-23-2002, 03:06 AM
I was wondering what type of morph or pattern my snakes are hopefully u can help me out

pinatamonkey
06-23-2002, 03:12 AM
Amel and Snow.

SilverTongue
06-23-2002, 03:39 AM
mayby there is some Motley in there. They are pretty though :)

pdrau
06-23-2002, 04:06 AM
Pretty snakes, but I don't see anything other than a regular pattern. I don't see any motley in either. You guys are a bad influence. I am getting to the point where it doesn't matter what pattern/morph a corn is...I want a pair of everything!!!

Peter

SilverTongue
06-23-2002, 04:07 AM
how you not see a pattern???!!! that orange and red one is half covered in DOTS! :p

pdrau
06-23-2002, 04:18 AM
I see what you are talking about, but it doesn't look like a motley to me. It just looks like a regular variation in blotches. One might think it is sorta motley because of the way the amel coloration shows up. If you think it is a motley, then that's cool. My opinion is that it isn't :D

Peter

Serpwidgets
06-23-2002, 06:07 AM
Motley is an on/off trait. It's not a judgement call like Sunglow or Okeetee phase. There's no "sorta" or "kind of" motleys. It is either a motley or it is not a motley.

I see dots, but nothing remotely resembling motley.

The "circles" on motleys are not simply the orange background color--which start out as dots on pretty much every corn with orange. The circles on motleys are created by connected saddles. They start at the head blotch, which is connected to the first one on the neck, and it goes back usually more than a few blotches. The amel posted shows only one connected saddle, which is common in many many non-motley cornsnakes.

This part can vary, however. I believe Clint Boyer has a Motley that shows non-connection, but that's the only example I've ever seen.

They also tend to have reduced or missing side-patterning.

This pic shows corns that start out with the typical motley "connected saddles" but these are not motleys either.
http://serpwidgets.com/freepics/02hatch/PiSv/GuessTheMorphs.jpg

Motleys also have patternless bellies, with no checkering. Notice how the motley belly sticks out like a sore thumb. These bellies are the same corns as the above pic. On an amel non-motley, there would be yellow, orange, or pink checkering. Otherwise it's pretty much solid white, like the one motley in the pic.
http://serpwidgets.com/freepics/02hatch/PiSv/GuesstheMorphBellies.jpg

pdrau
06-23-2002, 12:11 PM
Thanks Serp for confirming my suspicions that it wasn't a motley. I knew someone here would give an in depth explanation.

Peter

SilverTongue
06-23-2002, 01:29 PM
BAHHHH yall are just biast against Motleys J/K

DirtySanchez
06-23-2002, 03:40 PM
Thanks for all your input i was just wondering if they had a pattern