• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Just a few questions

corn2012

Can you feed more than one pinkie at a time? I was told that my snake before I got her was eating 1-3 pinkie per feeding day (once a week on Sundays)
I wasn't sure if this was okay, I got large pinkies for her. I've only given her one per feeding, but don't want her to go hungry. The pinkies I got are about double the size of a 1-3 day old pinkie. I guess I worry if she eats more then one she could regure.
My second question I guess if off the first one. How do you know when to move the snake up a size for feeding. I still have a hard time believing they can eat something that much bigger then themselves. I know the rule of 1.5 times bigger then their head, but just double checking. Don't wanna do any hard to this snake.

I fed my hatchling 2 pinkies at the same time tonight and she's had both with no problem, took her only about an hour to gobble them both! Look up the Munson feeding plan for corn snakes, after the snake weights about 20g (or maybe a little less, I'm not sure off the top of my head) you can feed them 2 at a time before moving up to fuzzies. Once every 5-6 days :)

Look up the Munson plan corn it's the best method to follow along with if you're worried about over or under feeding your corn.

Google, but if you search my posts ive discussed it elsewhere and someone posted it for me onto a thread.

When I got Kiyo, she was eating pinks. I got her from an expo so I picked up a bag of 25 pinkies for her. She started to outgrow pinkies before she was finished with them so when she was the appropriate size (when 1 pink alone wasn't leaving a noticable lump in her tummy), I bumped her up to 2 pinkies to use them up quicker, before switching her to fuzzies. Omnom is 1 yr younger than her, so he's eating pinkies still...right now small pinks still leave a decent size lump in his abdomen, so until that changes, he will get fed 1 pinkie. When the time comes, I will probably feed him 2 pinks at a time to get him ready for fuzzies.

Back