PDA

View Full Version : Quick question about digesting

Quick question about digesting

corn2012
10-31-2012, 04:21 PM
So Sunday morning is when I feed my snake. Normally by Wednesday she has digested and even pooped. But today when I went to visit her she still has a belly bump, so I didn't pick her up. Is it normal to take longer to digest sometimes?

Nanci
10-31-2012, 04:25 PM
That's kind of a long time. Is she blue? I would not handle her AT ALL.

Teatime
10-31-2012, 04:27 PM
Did you double-check the temps in the enclosure?

corn2012
10-31-2012, 04:38 PM
When I went to take her out she was in her cold hide, which normally she sits in the warm after eating. Her eyes looked clear but I didn't pick her up for a close look. She got mad when I lifted her hide and moved straight over to her warm side.
Temps are cold side 74.8 and warm side right now is at 88.2. Her warm side was at 90 (I think with my heater coming on often now that its cold out. So I put paper between heater and bottom of the glass to bring it down. I have to get a thermastat for her, the pet store doesn't have one so I'm off o hardware store tomorrow

corn2012
11-02-2012, 05:20 PM
Nanci, you are a genius!!! I went into the viv to change water, and peeked under her hide. She no longer has a belly bump from her Sunday meal.... But, she looks very pale and her eyes look cloudy. If she is in blue, this will be my first time with a shed. I'm kinda (more like, totally) excited!