PDA

View Full Version : Wheezing sound

Wheezing sound

darksidemike
11-04-2012, 10:12 AM
Hey everyone, I just picked up a 5 year old male snow corn and as I was handling him while transferring him to his enclosure I noticed he has an intermittent wheezing sound.. I was wondering if this could be stress related from breathing hard or is it signs of a respiratory infection? thanks a lot for any help.

bitsy
11-04-2012, 12:52 PM
The most common cause of sudden audible breathing with an absence of other symptoms, is an imminent shed. The old skin loosens from around the snout first and can cause the nostrils to make a noise for a few days. Is he due a shed?

darksidemike
11-05-2012, 08:33 PM
I've only had him for a couple of days so I have no idea when he last shed, doesn't to be in blue.
Could it be a slight case of RI? I noticed the previous owners had him on either repti bark or coco husk.. couldn't really tel but it wasn't aspen..

Nanci
11-06-2012, 06:49 AM
I agree with Betsy- imminent shed. But bump up his temps. Like to a warm spot of 90.

darksidemike
11-26-2012, 07:17 PM
So I bumped up the temps to 90 and my adult snow corn finally shed and the wheezing is still there.. seems pretty intermittent but definitely still there. Do they wheez if really active and excited? seems to be only when he's moving around a lot..