PDA

View Full Version : Sticky?

Sticky?

Zombiegirl
11-10-2012, 01:19 PM
I have noticed when I take Omnom out, he feels "sticky"...he doesn't glide as smooth as Kiyo? If that makes sense...He sort of "inchworms" around instead of normal snake slithering. He seems to move ok in his viv when he's out and about. He is eating well and pooping well. I'm not concerned about him, I just thought it was strange?

Zombiegirl
11-10-2012, 01:19 PM
edit: Also after I put him away my hands feel sticky...which is why I thought it was strange

dave partington
11-10-2012, 01:26 PM
sometimes they get thawed pinkie goo on their skin - due to enthusiastic feeding behavior- have you tried washing him off under warm 80 degree water? Does he have a soaking dish?

Zombiegirl
11-10-2012, 01:28 PM
That could be...would it still be an issue a few days later? I notice it when I take him out of his viv even before feeding. He doesn't have a dish for soaking specifically, but he does have his water bowl (I've never seen him soaking in that though).

dave partington
11-10-2012, 01:48 PM
Or you could seal him up in a deli cup/sammich container of water for a few minutes and wipe him off, let dry, and see if he is still sticky. An economical approach.

Zombiegirl
11-10-2012, 01:55 PM
Good idea :) I will give that a try. Thanks!

VampMN
11-10-2012, 02:26 PM
What about using a washcloth, and letting him crawl through that while you hold him? Then you can wet/wipe him at the same time. Just a thought.

dave partington
11-10-2012, 04:11 PM
Whatever works for you. I wouldn't want to waste water.

VampMN
11-10-2012, 05:03 PM
Umm...it wasn't about wasting water. :rolleyes: I just figured it would be the easiest way to get him clean.

Zombiegirl
11-10-2012, 06:21 PM
I have done something similar when I had to help him shed...I used Nanci's trick of washcloth in feeding bin, and after about 45 mins he was able to get half the shed off himself. I then took him out and let him cruise through a damp papertowel in my hands for a bit and got the rest of the shed off...he did still feel "sticky" even after that =/