• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Not feeding again

Hethiss

Hethiss has stopped feeding again. He stopped at the beginning of October and then nearer to the end of Oct he ate. His next feeding he ate again then stopped again. Its been 24 days since he ate. I know snakes can go without food for awhile but im just a little worried.

Temps for the tank are 30.5 degrees c on the warm side and 22 degrees on the cool side.

I have tried braining the fluff, Ive tried defrosting it with water and also leaving it out to defrost to keep the scent. I have tried to feed him in his feeding tub and when he didn't touch it I left it on a little feeding dish and left it with him over night but still nothing.

Any suggestions?

I think some hatchlings are just picky eaters. It can be a problem. I have a hatchling from this year that went off food for five weeks. Then I tease fed him and he took it. The next week he ate. Then he started to refuse again and refused today. Tried tease feeding with no luck. Next Im gona wait afew weeks then try live.

May I suggest trying live. If you can find a live pinky, wait a week from your last feeding attempt and then try offering a live in a small feeding container. Maybe even try tease feeding to get him going again.

Hethiss is a yearling. He is still refusing his fuzzy. its getting quite annoying.

Sounds werid because he is in a tank with the temps at the right levels (30 degrees c on hot and 22 on cool) but can it be because its winter? My house is rather cold.

as long as the tank is correct it shouldn't matter what temp the house is. I have been through this quite a few times some snakes are just a royal pain in the back side. is he possible in shed can you tell is he just starting to turn or maybe just came out blue. that will sometimes put them off feeding. Try running boiling water over the offering or dipping it in dish soap the rinse it off good and offer it. I know it sounds crazy but it does work.

Had a friend who is a breeder come over and have a look at Hethiss apparently he is fine and is just being a pain in the butt yearly.

Back