PDA

View Full Version : regurge baby, shed today, ok to feed?

regurge baby, shed today, ok to feed?

boricua00735
11-21-2012, 06:54 PM
I have a baby hypo blood about a month and a half old. She weighs 7.9 grams and she unfortunately regurged last week for the first time. It has now been 8 days since the event and today she gave me a beautiful whole shed head to tail everything intact inc. eyecaps. I was wondering if it is "ok" to feed her a pink head sprinkled in nutribac today or if i should wait the 10 days? I am asking only because she shed today and i'm thinking it could have been the reason for the last regurge?

Nanci
11-21-2012, 06:58 PM
I think it would be okay. And this is why I try very hard to avoid feeding in blue- this is a classic example. (Not blaming you- just a FYI for anyone else reading this).

So- to avoid feeding in blue- figure she will shed about every four weeks. Watch her carefully to notice when she goes into hiding. Get in the habit of weighing her before every feeding. She will typically gain about .5 grams per feeding. If she suddenly gains 1.5 grams- she hasn't pooped, and that is because she is blue.

boricua00735
11-21-2012, 07:15 PM
ok thank you so much nanci! I didnt mean to feed her in blue, she didnt look different to me. My other babies r easier to tell they get really dull and their eye cloudy i need to pay closer attention to her. And i had gotten her 2 Weeks prior to that feeding. She ate the day i bought her(at the lllreptile where i bought her from), and a week after, then this happened. Plus i didn't handle her for a week before i fed her the first time so i didn't get a good look and handling was limited since i wanted her to acclimate to her new home. But i definately need to keep a close eye on her because i didn't notice and will admit i did handle her about 3 times for about 5 min prior to the feeding. And Nanci thank again you are always so helpful when you respond. And you will be glad to know that after reading these forums i do keep notes of all of there sheds, weights, and approximate lengths before meals thanks to all the helpful posts on here. i am on here everday and night trying to learn as much as possible:)