PDA

View Full Version : Tail piece shedded?

Tail piece shedded?

Maddy&Scout
11-25-2012, 04:18 AM
Alright so I have a corn about 2.5 feet getting ready to shed. He caught his tail under a rock and I immediatly removed the rock for him to get free. Now there is a little spot near the end of his tail where a few pieces of skin shed have come off. But nowhere else. Should I take the last little bit off the tail or what?

Maddy&Scout
11-25-2012, 04:20 AM
Edit*** I lightly touched the end that was exposed and he seemed to dislike it as if causing discomfort.

bitsy
11-25-2012, 05:51 AM
They're always shy of being touched on the tail, so I wouldn't worry about his reaction. Just leave him to shed by himself - you can put a humid hide in with him if you want, to make sure the old skin stays supple and is easy to shed. If you try to hurry a shed along, you can cause damage.

cornsnakeforsale_com
11-25-2012, 07:12 PM
If the tail got damaged on the tip you'll need to make sure you don't let skin get stuck on the end after shedding. If a couple of shed cycles go leaving a small part the flesh below it will die.

If it wasn't damaged it shouldn't be an issue, but it's always good to make sure the shed is complete, allowing the snake to take care of things first.