PDA

View Full Version : One of his belly scales seems bent?

One of his belly scales seems bent?

Monty
11-27-2012, 12:12 PM
I had my little Monty out last night, and he was slowly cruising over the palm of my hand when suddenly I felt a rough patch. Concerned, I turned him over to see what had caused the trange texture, but I could not find anything visible wrong. After handling him for about five more minutes I felt the "roughness" again twice. The best way I can describe what it felt like, is if a peice of skin or a scale were bent or hanging a bit, and I could feel it moving across my hand. I'm wondering what this could be, and wondering if it will come off with the next shed. Monty was a bit of a kamakazi when I had branches in his tank to climb on (turns out he loves to climb, but is not very good at it) so I wonder if he might have damaged his belly during a fall? I have since placed the branches so they are all close to the bedding, and he still climbs but has a very short fall distance now.
If anyone knows what this might be, and if it is likely to shed off with the next shed, please let me know! I certainly don't want it to get worse.

khaleah
11-27-2012, 12:17 PM
one of my babies had mites really bad and had rubbed so hard on her hide that it had kind of given her a "wrinkled" look to her scales. i also used a shed ease to help soften and moisturize her scales

but after 2 sheds all the scales are back to normal.

Monty
11-27-2012, 12:25 PM
How would I be able to tell if he has mites?

epicdoom
11-27-2012, 12:26 PM
Did the snake move backwards slightly without you noticing when they back up you feel a slight roughness

Monty
11-27-2012, 12:30 PM
I don't believe so, but i guess it is possible. I was paying close attention the second two times I felt it, but could not pin point where on the body it was occuring, but I'm pretty sure the snake was moving forward both times.

epicdoom
11-27-2012, 12:35 PM
Ok here is how you find it take 3-4 cotton balls open them up lay them in your hand and let the snake slither through on them it will tug at the strands and show you exactly where the problem is