PDA

View Full Version : Group shots??

Group shots??

legitimatehypnotist
12-02-2012, 01:10 AM
Any tips on getting snakes in for a group shot??
I have a near-adult size female, two year olds and a hatchling, and I want to get them all together if possible for a quick shot.

What's the best way to get them together, not stress them out and how should I monitor them? Should I have another person, just in case?
Never gotten a group shot before, but I'm kind of excited to be able to show them all off in one shot, mainly for size/color comparison, and to show the two I plan on eventually breeding together.
I've seen the occasional group shot here, thought I'd ask =]

hypnoctopus
12-02-2012, 09:38 AM
I've only tried a few times to photograph multiple snakes at once and it was really difficult for me. The next time I try it, I think I will definitely use another person who isn't afraid of snakes.

Sometimes for single snake photos, I put the snake under a bowl or container and then quickly remove it to take the photos, before the snake decides to leave - this might work for multiples too.

Nanci
12-02-2012, 10:44 AM
You can put them under a bowl, or put them in something they can't escape. (I have a koi show bowl). Be careful, though- you don't want any unplanned mating or worse, dining...

When I did my parent/offspring shots this spring, I put the parent under a 9" deli until it stopped moving, removed the deli and added the baby.

An extra person would be very helpful.

legitimatehypnotist
12-02-2012, 02:21 PM
Ahaha, YES I'm more concerned about dining than mating, as my males have not reached sexual maturity yet and my youngest female has shown no interest.
Nyx is the... erm... let's say frisky one.

I'm definitely going to try with a medium sized bowl, they don't seem to be too confrontational with one another, that's my main concern, wouldn't want fight to break out, or worse...
THANKS, ALL!
I'll be sure to post the pictures of my *eventual* mate for Nyxy. Together, they look wonderful, my main goal is to show that :)

Nanci
12-02-2012, 03:28 PM
This is a photo I took back when I had three kingsnakes. Jake is the big normal Florida king (I never sexed him, and I heard that he is now a she), Janine, who I still have, is the white-sided FK, and Jewel, who now lives in TX is the Appalachicola. Jake was not paying attention, and Janine made a lunge for Jewel right after I snapped that photo.

legitimatehypnotist
12-02-2012, 05:25 PM
Good to know, thanks, and the picture came out very nice =]
I'll definitely have an extra hand, I really would hate it if they bit each other. BUT THEY ARE JUST SO FREAKING PRETTY I have to show my babies off ;)

Nanci
12-02-2012, 05:27 PM
Also, make sure everyone you mix together has been through isolation- don't mix new snakes with old snakes!

legitimatehypnotist
12-03-2012, 02:34 PM
Of course! My mean rescue is the only one still in isolation, he was a Petsmart rescue (thanks to some very concerned employees) so I'm still quarantining him because I'm paranoid about his background.
My other snake have been through isolation and are all from the same breeder, so that adds an element of certainty :)
I really appreciate it, guys. I'll update with shots ASAP!
My caramel is too pretty, literally, too pretty for words. Sometimes I just stare at him, such high gold expression. I'm excited to show him off.

diamond2906
02-12-2013, 09:26 PM
http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1832&pictureid=13422

mine & my partners 3 girls :)

Justine66
02-12-2013, 10:43 PM
diamond2906- BAHAHA! I love the little girl on the far left!
her poor little eyes!!! aha, that little face made my night! :)

SquamishSerpents
02-13-2013, 12:35 PM
Oh my, this thread reminds me of a VERY botched group shot I tried to capture awhile ago...Let's just say it ended in every single corn snake covered in poo and I didn't even get the group shot. Haha!

The bowls work wonders, though :P

toxiclight
02-15-2013, 12:56 PM
I've only done a couple group shots...one with our snow and bloodred (they're approximately the same size, and both female...as far as we know). They were placed in a bowl, and I snapped a few quick shots before they tried wandering off. The only other one was our lavender and normal...they were both climbing on a sunflower, and I waited until they got close enough to get them both in the picture.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u76/toxicdarque/112211_two4tuesday.jpg