• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Snakes in the tub???

rockinjohn83

I see videos all the time of people letting their corns play around in the bathtub for a little while. Ive always wanted to do this, but i heard from someone that soap particles and other cleaning chemicals that might be left on the surface or reside around the tub or sink could be harmful to a corn. Does anyone know if this is true? Id rather know for sure before dropping my snake into a possible DEATH TUB.... D: (dun dun dunnnnnnn!!!)
Any input would be helpful. thanks!

I've never done it, but as long as you rinse the tub thoroughly beforehand, you should be fine. If you're worries, you can always wipe it down in advance with whatever you use to clean their tank.

The main issue is getting the water at a safe temp. What feels warm or hot to us will feel scalding to a Corn. Aim for no higher than 80 and you should be OK.

Make sure you keep a close eye on any potential escape routes - overflow outlets are a favourite target and an adult Corn can wriggle over the side of the tub surprisingly fast. Never underestimate the difficulty of trying to grab a fast-moving and slippery-wet snake!

Also bear in mind that whilst many Corns will be quite comfortable to wallow around in the tub for a while, some absolutely hate it and it stresses them badly. It's another one of those things which is an individual preference. It's not worth trying a second time with one which spends all its time thrashing around and fighting to get out.

However if you can get it to work, it's said to be good for building and maintaining muscle tone and can help in the event of constipation.

I've done it and yeah as long as the shower is clean there's no threat. Make sure your drain and any overflow outlets are covered securely especially if you have an adult. I know ours likes it and because it's more work to move around in the tub it definitely is a good muscle building exercise, just be prepared for the clean up afterwards it's almost guaranteed they'll leave a present in there when they're done.

I do it quite a bit no issues water temp close to 80 as you can get as Bitsy said and its absolutely great exercise for them, as Yojoe said. My hot water temps are over 125 Deg I scrub the tub out good with just hot water to make sure no soap is left behind then draw them an 80Deg swimming pool to play in. Only thing I have found is they tend to poo in the water no big deal

Thank you guys. You helped my worries out a bit. Some poo in the tub, i can handle that! It's better than going on my shirt like he/she usually does!

Yeah if you're planning on handling for a while a quick soak can alleviate that issue of a dreaded poo on you.

Back