• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Could you lend your experienced eyes? re: weight/feeding

gsdbecca

Sorry, but it's another 'how often/ how much to feed' questions. Ala is 16 months old, about 2.5 feet, haven't weighed lately, and eating a small adult mouse once a week.

I have nothing to compare to as she's my first snake, but she's just grown so much lately and her body looks so big compared to her head to me....who has never before seen a 16 month old corn snake. SO, anyhow, just thought I'd post a pic that I took today with a tape measure for reference to see if any of you who have seen lots of young corn snakes think she's getting chunky and I should move her feeding times.

Thanks so much, in advance!

Attachments

• Ala120912.jpg
    Ala120912.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 62
She looks OK to me. She's moving in that shot and you can definitely see her spine in a few places as the muscle tenses up around her body - that's a good sign. It's when they move and their body stays round and squishy, that it's one sign of a potential problem. Muscle tone is an important factor. As long as she's putting weight on in toned muscle rather than flab, then she's heading in the right direction.

Each Corn is an individual but I'd say she's fine on her current diet. She's still a growing lass, so she has a little way to go before she hits her adult length. When you next go up a food size to medium mice, I'd drop feeding to around once every ten days and see how that goes.

She looks good to me, too. She's just going through the dreaded Tiny-Ass Head stage :) Her head will catch up eventually.

Back