• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Dead smell and moving worms?

HighVoltage

High Voltage Reptiles
Was getting ready to feed Sky and smelled this dead awful smell. Looked down at what could be regurge, poo, or a bug nest (no idea). It's dark and black. I didn't see my snake but I saw some weird black thing crawling around and my Dad thinks he's seen worms. Any ideas? It's a 2011 female anery if that helps at all. Just ate 4 days ago. Only had her a few months, never seen anything like this. I'm waiting on my brother to come home so he can help me figure out what this is.

Possibly an older refused or regurged meal that now has maggots?? That's kind of what it sounds like to me.

Sounds like a regurge with maggots in it. Yuck- those are the worst. Definitely do the regurge protocol with her.

Thank you everyone for the help. Michael has decided that it is poo and that some worms crawled in from outside attracted to it. I've cleaned out and redid her viv. The smell is gone.

Thank you everyone for the help. Michael has decided that it is poo and that some worms crawled in from outside attracted to it. I've cleaned out and redid her viv. The smell is gone.

Those must be some amazing worms to crawl into the house from outside and up into a 20 gallon viv! I'm sorry, but I don't buy that. Most likely they are maggots. All it takes is one little fly. They will sometimes go to poop that has not been fully digested, but more likely, considering your description of the smell, that it was indeed a regurge. Poop smells like poop, but regurges or at best, an uneaten meal, smells much worse and more like death.

Back