PDA

View Full Version : Heating issues

Heating issues

yojoe05
12-21-2012, 05:49 AM
Rapunzel's UTH thankfully is running great but the rest of the house is 65F at the moment. Apparently the wind is still so strong outside and so cold that our furnace committed suicide last night after trying to heat the house. How long should she be okay with lower ambient air temps? With just her UTH she should be okay correct, probably not as comfortable as usual but okay.

Skully23
12-21-2012, 10:52 AM
65 is about the lowest recommended. She should be fine as long as her hot spot is correct. You might want to invest in a space heater to satisfy higher air temps if something were to happen again.

-Skully-

bitsy
12-21-2012, 01:19 PM
If the UTH is controlled and the floor surface is around the mid-80s, then she'll be absolutely fine. Ambient air temp in my lounge is currently reported as 61.7 and it's warmer this evening than it was a couple of weeks ago. I don't have any plans to switch the central heating on yet.

diamondlil
12-21-2012, 01:36 PM
How warm is your place normally? I have my heating set at 66 f every winter with no problems. Maybe put quilts over the viv to hold in the heat if your power will be out for a long time

yojoe05
12-21-2012, 04:30 PM
I run the thermostat between 70-75 depending on how cold it is outside because sometimes we get a draft that chills the areas around the windows. The thermostat was having trouble though and we got it fixed now though so things are okay again. I wasn't to worried in the 60's but I didn't know if it would keep dropping or not.

Buzzard
12-21-2012, 05:08 PM
As long as there is some bedding to burrow into and the UTH is working properly to provide heat you should be fine.