View Full Version : snake traps

snake traps

Jason B.
06-24-2004, 09:24 PM
surfing around and found this.
http://www.nixalite.com/snakegua.htm

Jenn
06-25-2004, 03:23 AM
hmm i'm not sure how humane it is to glue a snake to a surface then release it by putting vegetable oil all over it...

superbrenna
07-02-2004, 08:37 PM
i agree with jenn, that sounds kind of gross to me

MegF.
07-06-2004, 01:22 PM
If it's anything like the rat glue traps, I'd be worried that they would damage scales or something if they tried to back off of it or tried to get loose. Doesn't sound safe to me....

krista2121
07-07-2004, 02:15 PM
Yes i am worried to that it might damage the scales, and the pouring of vegitable oil all over it sounds kindof painful. But atleast its better than those traps that break their neck.

surfrkidTS
07-07-2004, 02:20 PM
how about a paper bag with a mouse in it? so much more humane lol

Jason B.
07-07-2004, 04:51 PM
I agree the traps could be be harmful to the snakes. I posted the link because I had never seen a comercial snake trap. I thought it would be intresting to find out what others thought. The only way I would like to find a wild snake is the old fasion way , by going out and looking for them in nature photograph them and release.I was in a pet store a couple of month ago and a kid brought in a small black rat snake he had found in one of those bug glue traps. he had used oil to release it and it was unharmed.The biggest concern I would have is that folks using them would have no intrest in saving the snake and simply discard the trap snake included.Or just not bother to check it and the snake would suffer a slow death.

krista2121
07-07-2004, 05:12 PM
Yes that is also true. But i still kindof find it inhumane. But its probly just me. Yes acshally i saw this shop and all it does is create traps for mice, rats, and snakes. Wich i found kindof cruel but again thats probly just me.

SexyHero
07-07-2004, 10:19 PM
how about a paper bag with a mouse in it? so much more humane lol

Definatly....poor animals...I would seriously worry about scale damage with the "snake paper".